Metro regularly receives requests for filming and photography and they can often vary from film production companies to local railway enthusiasts. Each request will be considered on its own merits and an application form will need to be completed in all cases.
If you are filming on behalf of a company/organisation then procedures are detailed below. If you are an amateur photographer then some of the procedures may be waived. It is imperative that in all instances a safety briefing is conducted prior to any attendance on Metro premises as we need to ensure your safety as well as the travelling passengers.
Please follow the guidelines below:
- Permission to film or take photographs on Metro must be obtained in writing from the Metro Communications department
- Wherever possible we will try to accommodate any filming and photo requests
- For photography, filming and media requests contact the Customer Relations team on 0191 203 3199 or email [email protected]
- Two weeks' notice is required so we can arrange for a Metro representative to be present
- Filming times are normally limited to off peak periods, Monday-Friday 9.30am-4.30pm. Evenings and weekends will depend on staff availability
- Flash photography is NOT permitted on Metro platforms when trains are approaching, for safety reasons
Filming of the following activities is not allowed on Metro:
- Smoking or intoxication
- Fare evasion
- Use of firearms or other weapons
- Vandalism or graffiti
- Assaults on passengers or members of staff
- Misuse of escalators or other Metro property
Any person found taking photographs or filming on Metro premises without prior permission will be challenged by staff.
To advertise on Metro contact:
ExterionMedia Leeds Office
Room G19, Building 3
City West Business Park